Tuesday, July 10, 2012

God Knows

The people that you don't expect to seem to be the ones that can teach you the most.  I have learned to serve others more when my cousins were here.  I have learned more of what it means to be emptied of yourself and to truly give.  And what really brings happiness.

My wonderful aunt an uncle came up from Virginia this past week, and with them they brought the two kids that they were hosting from the Ukraine.  These kids were orphans, with no Christian base to their lives.  

Just being there with them, learning how to "speak Russian", and getting to know them made me realize how amazing it is to have parents -  loving truthful, God-fearing parents.  God answers prayers in different ways than I think He will, and that is definitely true for everybody in this world.  I prayed for these two kids a whole ton, and I still do.  

Giving of yourself even in small ways is so strange.  God seems to fill in the gaps.  There does come a time when you need to fill yourself with God, and give yourself up.  My parents have helped me so much - they give to me, and through their Christ-like love, I have seen a witness in how to give of myself.  

Life isn't perfect down there in Virginia with my Ukrainian "cousins".  They need lots of prayer, which my family has been giving them.  I have no idea how God will answer my prayers for the lives of these kids.  I say "God please help them.  Give them a good life.  Find them a family", and the rest is up to God.  

My aunt and uncle are giving themselves to these kids.  That don't know how they are going to affect their lives.  Maybe they will never know.

But God does.  That's all I can say right now, and maybe that's all I will say for the rest of my life.  But it's true.

"God is present as my helper; the Lord sustains my life".
Psalm 54: 6



No comments:

Post a Comment