Saturday, September 14, 2013

Only Reflection

"All beauty is only reflection." - Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts (112).

I read this passage in Ann Voskamp's great book this morning.  Immediately I thought about ballet.  In most circumstances, dancers strive to achieve beauty, and after much hard work, it's usually achieved!  Sometimes I have a moment where I look in the mirror and think yes!!! it's working!!!!  Even though I don't have those moments all the time, it's easy to let prideful thoughts seep through the success.

So when I read this passage, it made me realize how wrong I am about my beauty.  What I see as beautiful in the mirror is a reflection of the beauty of God, not of my success.   "He has not called me to be successful, he has called me to be faithful." -Mother Teresa of Calcutta.  So when I am successful, I want to turn it into faith by giving it to God.

Dear Lord, please give me the true humility to see Your beauty in everything others do and the things I do too.  Use me to reflect You today!!!!!!!



The joy of the Lord is my strength!

-Mandy

Picture from: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/grand%20jete?before=17

No comments:

Post a Comment