Monday, April 9, 2012

Alleluia!

Jesus is risen! He has redeemed us and enabled us to get to heaven. WOW.

At Easter Vigil Mass, I got so exited about singing the Alleluia. The drums started thumping and the piano began pounding, and the guitars started thrumming, and I became so excited! I had been waiting all of Lent to say "Alleluia!" and I finally got to shout it out triumphantly to all around me--with the entire chorus of heaven. While the deacon walked up to read the gospel, we sang:

Alleluia, alleluia,
alleluia alleluia,
alleluia alleluia,
alleluia, alleluia!

Jesus is alive,
risen from the dead,
the stone is rolled away,
now He is glorified.
The tomb is empty!
Over sin He has conquered!
Death where is your sting
now that Jesus lives?

Alleluia, alleluia,
alleluia alleluia,
alleluia alleluia,
alleluia, alleluia!

I got tingles as we sang "death where is your sting?" Singing the alleluia is a way of taunting the devil. It shows that Jesus Christ WON! We are not afraid of death, for we know that that is not the end of the story! We are the victorious people of Christ who's savior has defeated what humans fear most - death! We are not afraid any longer.

As you sing the alleluia next Sunday, remember that death has no sting any longer, for HE HAS WON!

The joy of the Lord is my strength!

-Pandy

No comments:

Post a Comment