Monday, April 2, 2012

Bring Him To Class

As a Christian, as a Catholic, I want to bring the joy, peace and truth of Christ to others. I once asked my friend if she knew of any dancers that were saints. Her reply was "I think one was a dancer for a court of something...until she converted to Christianity." Now, that wasn't exactly the answer I had been hoping for. I wanted a handy little book that had facts about a bunch of dancer saints and some cute ballet photos..... Well, too bad :)

How do I bring Christ into my dancing? Where do I find time during class to surrender my dancing to him? Before I go on, I understand that sometimes, once you are in class, all else flits from your mind. I also understand that sometimes when in class, everything except dance comes into your mind. Both have happened to me. So, here are some things to try. They don't have a guarantee I'm afraid, but just keep in mind that God wants to be with you everywhere.

1. As you journey to dance class, take five minutes to commit the class to Him. Tell the Lord that you want to dance for Him. Remember to ask to dance with Him forever in heaven! Pray that you will be able to do your best and glorify His name. Ask for humility and respect for your teachers. This is where the second commandment comes in. Just because your teachers aren't your biological parents, they are guiding you and teaching you. Respect is essential, even if you don't see eye to eye with your instructor.

2. While your teacher compiles combinations, pray that you will have the strength and ability to do what your teacher asks. Pray that you will be uplifting to others and be aware of them as well as your self.

3. Think about it. God is with you all the time, right? So He is the ultimate dance partner. How great would it to be to dance with someone who loves you so much that He died for you? Someone that won't look down on you because you don't have a perfect body, or if you don't do the steps right. He loves you for who you are, and He loves you when you dance. So take Him with you.

4. Don't forget Psalm 149 verse 3: "Let us praise His name with dancing!" We are praising the Lord's name! Dance can be worship--try to make it worship.

So bring Him to class! He loves you and wants to be with you always. Dance with Him.

The joy of the Lord is my strength!

-Pandy

No comments:

Post a Comment