Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Whole Pointe

I saw the first quote on line:

"If dancing was easier, it would be called football"

As I wiped the tears of laughter from my eyes, I began to wonder, Do people really think that dance could be easy? Dancing is such a big part of my life that I haven't often questioned the thought that some people don't know what a dance class is like. At all.

Then it hit me: Is this how some people feel about Christianity? There are people out there that think that Christians hide behind their faith--use it as an excuse for why things are like they are. These people don't know what it's like.

The next quote was on the same site:

"Life without dance is pointeless"

As I wiped tears of laughter off of my face a second time, I considered. Yes, life without dance would be pointeless and really quite tragic, but not pointless. See, life without God would be pointless. We wouldn't exist without God, so what would the point be? So here comes our first quote, "If dancing was easier, it would be called football". I agree, but imagine this: some people don't know that!
Life without dance is pointeless, life without God is pointless. People don't know the amazing realities of our faith. And without God, life is pointless. Living without God, their lives--so many lives--are pointless.


We have the treasure, we have the pointe (so to speak)! So get out there--show them what their missing! All of these pointless people need a point, so point them to the cross.


Christ is the point.

-Mandy





No comments:

Post a Comment