Friday, January 13, 2012

Heaven and Dance- My Thoughts

Many times, while I dance, I feel discouraged. Then again, often I feel encouraged and invigorated by the strenuous exercise that unfolds to create an enchanting and graceful story in dance. The "enchanting and graceful story" that sparkles on the stage and inspires so many, doesn't just happen in performance and ballet class; it can be compared to our lifelong struggle to Heaven. When "you didn't brush through the floor on your tendu", or "your hips aren't square in your grand jete", you don't just give up! You keep going, correcting, and making mistakes, and trying again. This is an example of a Christian's struggle to heaven. If the saints gave up each time they sinned, what would happen? Many of the most amazing and inspiring Doctors of the Church led an at-first sinful life, but were converted and completely reversed their life, starting anew in Christ.
I don't want to give up! Not in dance, and not in my spiritual life.

Lord Jesus, please give me the strength to pick myself up again after each of my mistakes; I want you to be the center of my life. At school, at home, in all I do, even at the barre.

~Pandy

No comments:

Post a Comment