Sunday, January 15, 2012

I've got this Joy-Joy-Joy-Joy Down in my Heart!

Yes, I talk about joy allot on my blog. Why? Why didn't I call my blog "Sit on the floor with depression"? Well, aside from the fact that that name sounds downright awful, that's not what I want the world to see in me. Here are my reasons:
Reason Number one: When walking into WallMart, Cub, Target, or really any other store, I see billboards and pictures plastered with smiles. The smiles of models who pose in a very exuberant manner, smile, and wait for the camera to click. But what happens afterward? Do they continue to smile and skip about, carefree and unaware of their troubles? I don't think so. Now, to the casual observer, the world doesn't seem to have much to be joyful about. But look harder. There are thousands of miracles happening all around us every day! People are recovering from diseases, babies are being born, Mass is being celebrated, friends are being made...etc, etc. That is one of the reasons that I want to be joyful.


Reason Number Two: Granted, all of these miracles are happening, but babies are being killed through abortion, Christianity is outlawed is several countries, and people are dying from diseases......etc, etc. I'm not ignoring all of that. Remember Saint Paul? He rejoiced even though he was put in prison and killed. Remember Saint Agnes? She was as happy as a bride when she was lead to her death. Why? Because the peace of Christ was in them! They had the God-given batteries of joy- knowledge of God's love and confidence in salvation.



Reason Number Three: Bored people. So many people look bored on the outside. Too cool to be impressed, to show respect, to be kind. Too sad or lost to live a life of true joy. And that is sad. Wait! I'm working on being joy-full, not sad-full. And this is why I am joyful because of sad/cool/both people: First of all, by nature, I like to oppose people. I am working on this, and someday I hope to over come that. Secondly, those un-joyful people aren't lost! I want God to shine through my joy, showing others that they need something to fill their lives like that. And the only thing that will fill their lives in that way is a relationship with Jesus Christ.



Yes, the world needs more joy. And I hope, by God's grace, to bring about a small part of it.

Lord, please give me the courage to spread your joy! I want your peaceful happiness!

~Pandy


No comments:

Post a Comment