Friday, January 27, 2012

Yes. . . . It is Possible to Patch Ballet Shoes!

This is a little trick that I figured out so that I could go to a ballet workshop with out holes in the toes of my shoes (yes I am a bit of a nerd :). It has helped my shoes stay intact longer than they would have, and it really isn't very noticeable. Note: My ballet shoes are canvas- I don't think it would work on leather.

Step one: Choose the Correct Fabric. Make sure that the canvas's weave is about the same size of the weave of your ballet shoe. The fabric in the picture is a little too patterned, but if you have a pattern that isn't extremely colorful or busy, you can use the wrong side.

Step Two: Cut, Pin and Sew. Cut a circle out of your fabric that has a half of an inch extra all around. Fold the fabric under and pin it onto the shoe. The more pins you use, the easier it will be! Use as small stitches as possible, making sure they are close together. Don't sew on the leather sole of the shoe. This part can be difficult, but it's doable.

Tada! The canvas will stretch a bit and mold to your foot. It is much easier to dance in un-ripped shoes- believe me! It is a pretty simple project that is quite effective!

The joy of the Lord is my strength!

-Pandy

No comments:

Post a Comment