Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Bronze Bow

Now, this should be known to all of my followers and consumers of this post: I love to read. Yes, it's true. Reading is one of my favorite pastimes. Truly. I love to read. :)
As you now know, I love reading- and this is what I have been reading lately:

SPOILER WARNING!!!

"He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze."

The Bronze Bow By Elizabeth George Spear. This is one of my favorite books. Daniel is a young Jew who ran away to the mountains to escape the tyranny of the Romans, and his bad experiences as an apprentice to a blacksmith. There he joins a band of men who are making ready to fight to fight the Romans. Daniel works for this cause too, until his grandmother dies and he is forced to take care of his sister, who is possessed by a demon. Daniel begins his new life and prepares a group of boys to fight the Romans. He begins to hear about Jesus, and watches Him teach, wondering if He will deliver them from the Romans until he is convinced otherwise. After realizing that Rosh, the leader of his band from the mountains isn't the messiah he was looking for, Daniel relapses for a while, but continues to nurture his hate for the Romans. After Daniel's small band rescue a friend from the Roman's galleys, they don't try to reunite; the death of one of their members has convinced them against it. Daniel's sister Leah has made friends with a Roman and after Daniel's outburst at finding out, she relapses into complete silence and fear. The book ends with Jesus curing Leah and Daniel accepting Christ. It also has a romantic element to it, but I won't spoil it too much. It is an exiting book sprinkled with Spear's lovely description of emotion and landscape. I enjoyed this book immensely!

I'll try and keep an update of all the books I read. Happy reading!

The Joy of the Lord is my strength!

~Pandy


No comments:

Post a Comment