Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sweat......

Sweat trickles down my face. I clench my teeth as I finish my 32nd entrechat. I sigh in relief as the music stops. I can rest! Somehow, though, I'm not satisfied with my dancing. It feels like however hard I work, I don't look as splendid as I want to. Now, of course I'm not going to look like an astounding prima ballerina, but I'm never satisfied. Something is always wrong with what I do.


How many times do I feel like this? Is it always, or just once in a while? I will never be quite as good as I want to be, but setting a high caliber for myself will help me get better...right?


Work, work, work!  Try to be the best you can be, pray to Christ to make you the best and give you the strength to do this well.  BUT -- try harder to follow Him.  Use what you do to pointe (:D) to Christ.  In everything you do, let it reflect Him.  


The readings at Mass are calling us to act.  What better time than the post Easter season?  Now is the time to get up and shout.  Hear the call.  Work, work!  Get out there and work on who you are, what you are to other people, and how you stand with God.


Then, it's back to your entrechats.  It is great to work on what your passion is, but never forget the one who experienced The Passion for you.


For you need endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.  -Hebrews 10:36  

-Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment